Friday, January 21, 2005

Battleship Cove



This is Battleship Cove in Fall River, Massachusetts. Its the world's largest historic naval ship exhibit. Here you will see the USS Massachusetts battleship, Lionfish submarine and couple of destroyers and PT boats.

Aboard USS Massachusetts

I've been here twice, first was on April 2001(I only have a 35mm camera) then the last time was on April 2004 (this time I have my DSC-P8 digicam, eto lang po kaya kong bilhin).

Torpedo room of USS Lionfish Submarine

Here, I found out that at least five(if im not mistaken) US navy ships (PT boats and destroyer) were destroyed in different places in the Philippines during WWII. But not by the Japanese, they were sunk by typhoons or tropical storms.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. etc said...

Saw one of those upclose in Subic last year.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home